Spotify video podcasts are live today. Last fall, Spotify began activating Video Podcasts for creators on a limited basis. Since then, we’ve found that podcasters love having the option to accompany their audio with visual components, and fans love having the opportunity to more deeply connect with the content. So as the audience for this format grows, the company’s also opening up the Video Podcast capability to more creators, creating a growing catalog of video podcasts. Starting today, they’re expanding Video Podcasts on Spotify to all creators in the U.S., Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the U.K. Creators will have the ability to upload their video content to Spotify through Anchor as easily as they already publish audio.
Spotify Video Podcasts:
Spotify has been gradually rolling out support for video podcasts since around the same time it acquired Joe Rogan’s podcast — which had long been available in video form on YouTube. Since then, Spotify has been slowly expanding the number of podcasters who are able to post their shows as videos to its service. Now, all creators in supported markets have access to the functionality.
Visual interactions allow fans to get to know their favorite podcast hosts even better, and allow creators to connect with their audiences in a much deeper way. But if you want to stick to the pure audio experience, that’s great too—video on Spotify is backgroundable for all listeners, so you can immerse yourself in the content when you want to, or simply lean back and just listen. Videos can be uploaded through Anchor, the podcast creation tool Spotify purchased in 2019. Video podcasts are compatible with Spotify’s podcast subscriptions feature and work with embeds. The company is also offering video-specific analytics for creators.
Spotify Video Podcasts vs YouTube?:
The functionality is a direct shot across the bow at YouTube, which has quietly become a major platform for video podcasts over the years. Spotify’s press release argues that video lets fans “more deeply connect with the content.” It can arguably also act as a major marketing tool. Would Elon Musk’s appearance on Joe Rogan’s podcast have generated as much attention if it weren’t accompanied by now-iconic footage of the Tesla CEO smoking a joint on air?
More New Features:
For podcasts that have previously offered video versions that weren’t available on Spotify, the streaming service says that Anchor can be used to bulk-replace existing audio episodes with video versions. Spotify also says it’s integrating with Riverside, a podcast and video recording service that helps improve the quality of content captured remotely.
- Access for everyone: Starting now, creators in these five markets can find Video Podcast uploading capabilities on Anchor’s web platform. We plan to roll this out to additional markets in the future.
- Podcast Subscriptions: Spotify Podcast Subscriptions will be available for video podcasts, empowering creators to own their monetization models by creating exclusive content, gating video, and more. Stay tuned—we’re working on more monetization features to come soon.
- Integration with Riverside: Today we’re also kicking off a partnership with Riverside, the go-to platform for remote recording. The integration enables creators to record and publish video content for free with Riverside with a quick distribution path to Spotify via Anchor.
- Embeddable video: Now, when you embed a Video Podcast episode from Spotify, the video will play directly in the embed player wherever you placed it. It’s a great tool—whether you’re excited to share great content with friends or grow your audience.
- Video Bulk-Replace: Bulk-replace allows Anchor creators to easily replace their existing audio episodes with video versions from an easy-to-use interface. Get ready for more time creating content and less time editing it.
- Video Analytics: Video-specific analytics will give creators deep insights into their videos’ performance on Spotify, enabling them to better understand their audiences and publish content suited to them.
- Interactive capabilities: Our interactive podcast features, like Polls and Q&A, will be available for Video Podcasts so creators can connect with and get feedback directly from their listeners.
With this latest expansion, they’re continuing to make Video Podcasting a great experience for creators—empowering them to reach new global audiences, own how they monetize their content, and interact with fans in new ways. There’s a massive opportunity for Video Podcasts on Spotify, and we can’t wait to see what creators bring to the table. The feature has releases in additional markets planned for the future, according to Spotify’s press release.
If you’re a parent or guardian looking to get your kid a new phone, look no further! Clean Phone allows you to manage your kid’s phone from anywhere. It offers you complete parental control and tons of amazing features. You can easily pick and choose which apps and games your child can use! It supports complete phone monitoring, including phone call and SMS usage. You can even control how long and how often your kids can use apps or the internet. You can also check and manage their call logs, SMS logs and screen time. Over 1000 parents have mental peace because of clean phone.